Artefex ACM Panel is a lightweight but rigid and durable aluminum composite material (ACM)—two strong sheets of aluminum bonded to a solid polyethylene core. The panel is coated on one side with a white polyester coli coating finish and a mill (polished aluminum) finish on the other side. This panel is 3mm thick and is available in sizes from 5 x 7 to 20 x 24 inches.
Unprimed ACM Panels
$7.60 – $41.40
Artefex ACM Panel is a lightweight but rigid and durable aluminum composite material (ACM)—two strong sheets of aluminum bonded to a solid polyethylene core. The panel is coated on one side with a white polyester coil coating finish and a mill (polished aluminum) finish on the other side. This panel is 3mm thick and is available in sizes from 5×7 to 20×24 inches. This weather-resistant panel is ideal for a wide range of paint mediums and mounting applications including these:
• Casein tempera
• Egg tempera
• Glue tempera
Artefex ACM panels offer a superior support for painting and mounting compared to wood panels because ACM panels have very low response to environmental changes, such as relative humidity (RH) and temperature. This is a professional panel for painting when primed with acrylic, alkyd or oil-based primers or for mounting canvas and paper.
Preparing the Panel for Mounting and Painting
Note: Use only the coated side of the panel for painting and mounting.
• Remove the protective film from the coated side slowly and carefully to avoid static build-up.
• Pre-clean the panel surface with ethyl or isopropyl alcohol, using non-colored cloth for best results. It is important not to use solvents, soaps or liquid cleaning materials as they may leave a film residue that can affect adhesion. Additionally, cleaners containing silicone can interfere with adhesion and are not recommended. A 70% solution of isopropyl alcohol is recommended as the only cleaning material.
• Scuff the surface with abrasive paper, preferably using a grain size of 360 grit. Do not grind through the coating to the aluminum metal.
• Remove dust with a lint-free cloth moistened with ethyl or isopropyl alcohol.
• For coating and mounting, please follow the instructions of the coating or the adhesive manufacturer.
Hints for Better Mounting and Painting Results
• Acclimate the panel to room temperature prior to use—especially when the panel has been stored at low temperature.
• Avoid fluctuating humidity or environments that are too dry—this can lead to static build-up.
• Do not touch panel surfaces with bare hands and do not allow any liquid cleaning materials or solvents (except ethyl or isopropyl alcohol) to dry on the panel surface.
• If the panel has a protective film, this should be removed slowly and carefully to avoid static build-up.
• For best results, sweep the panel surface with ionized air prior to painting or mounting and consistently apply measures to reduce static build-up.
• Do not subject the panel to heat exceeding a maximum of 80° C (175° F).
5×7, 8×10, 9×12, 11×14, 12×16, 14×18, 16×20, 20×24, 24×24
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.